Harrisonburg Unitarian Universalists located in Harrisonburg Virginia
A Religious Community Serving Each Person's Spiritual Journey - One Journey, Many Paths
Sunday Mornings at HUU
Conscious Living Adults (Adult R.E.) will resume its 2017-18 program in September-October 2017.
Sunday Morning Service: 10:30-11:30AM
Children's Religious Exploration: 10:30-11:30AM - Children of all ages are welcome to participate in what promises to be a fun and productive year of exploration.
March 26 10:30- 11:30AM - Rev. Barbro Hansson will present "Arise WoMen of the World."
We are a lay-led religious community offering a unique spiritual and moral witness in the Shenandoah Valley.
We meet each Sunday in the historic Dale Enterprise School House. We remind ourselves that the three key tasks of this religious community are:
- sense-making, helping each other to find the truths in our lives and in the world;
- care-giving, helping each other through the hard times and celebrating the good times;
- justice-seeking, trying to leave this community and the world a better place for us having been here.
We invite all who search for truth and meaning with open hearts and open minds to join us in worship, in mutual support, and in shared ministry to each other and to the world.
Whatever the faiths you have known, or the flags of your heritage — You are welcome here. Whoever you are, and whomever you love — You are welcome here. And
— whether you ran in here today on little feet, Or walked in briskly, Or ambled in, Or rolled in, You are welcome here.
HUU serves Harrisonburg and the surrounding communities in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.
- Are you looking for a religious community in which to seek spiritual growth?
- Are you eager to consider religious questions with others who are not always
certain they have all the answers, but who are determined to keep searching
- Would you like the fellowship of others for worship, discussion and education,
friendship and mutual support?
- Are you seeking a church where the freedom of the pulpit and the freedom
of the pew are equally respected? Do you desire an opportunity for women and
men, regardless of race, color, religion of origin, sexual orientation or political
affiliations, to come together and be more concerned with the love of people
than the love of things?
- Do you want children to be helped to develop their spiritual curiosity,
compassion and critical thinking.
- Do you wish to preserve and extend the traditions of democracy, freedom of conscience and human dignity?
You should get to know us! Stop by the Old Dale Enterprise Schoolhouse (pictured on the right) any Sunday morning. Our service begins promptly at 10:30AM and lasts about an hour. On Sunday mornings we hear from the congregation, visiting ministers in a monthly rotation, and other invited guests. The diverse gifts or our members and friends make each week a different experience.
Children's Religious Exploration - Sunday School
We offer a Children's Religious Exploration program from September until May.
Adult Religious Education
Conscious Living Adults (Adult R.E.) runs from 9am—10.10 am on the 2nd and 3rd Sundays from September to March/April in the Shared Ministry Room. All sessions are open to members and friends and guests are especially welcome.
After the Service
We welcome all visitors and friends to join us after the service for coffee in our Community Café where you can learn more about who we are and how you might be involved in our Unitarian Universalist community. The group above pictured in front of our building was taken during our Building Rededication on our tenth anniversary.